Having closely followed the recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we closed our stores to protect the health and safety of you and our associates. As city and state guidelines evolved and states began their phased reopening plans, we’ve now reopened nearly all of our stores.
We are closely monitoring the current situation in states where Coronavirus (COVID-19) cases are rising and will adjust business operations if necessary to ensure the safety of our customers and associates.
For More Information: https://companyblog.jcpnewsroom.com/storesopen/
JCPenney Supply Chain Covid-19 Safe Practices:
- Staggering of breaks, lunches, and some start times to alleviate multiple associates being in the same area at the same time.
- Split start-up meetings into smaller groups.
- Leaders are monitoring time clocks during clock in/out to ensure safe distancing compliance.
- Additional signage is posted throughout the facility reminding everyone to keep at least 6 feet apart.
- Leaders and Security are monitoring compliance when associates are leaving to scan out for the day, including having signs posted instructing people to stay the proper distance apart prior to exiting the building, and having their badges and bags ready beforehand to create optimal flow.
- Signs are posted in all the restrooms and breakrooms reminding associates to wash their hands thoroughly with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Strategically placed signs are also hung throughout the facility reminding everyone to PLEASE cover their mouths with the inside of their elbow if they cough or sneeze.
- Orders have been put in for additional hand sanitizer for the facilities. Some sites added sanitizer dispensers to the walls, and others have made sure the ones in place are full and functioning properly.
- Sanitizer pump bottles are being provided in departments where associates gather for start-up meetings. Dispensers of wipes are situated near computers that are heavily used by associates, such as those located by HR.
- Temp checks daily for all associates entering the building by Registered Nurse
- Masks provided to all associates daily.
- Plexiglass between AP and visitors.
- Plexiglass between AP and associates while conducting bag checks
- Most doors have a foot door opener to limit the handling of door knobs.